Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
One of the simplest and romantic dinners is pasta. And what pairs better with pasta than the perfect creamy tomato sauce? Not much! Check out the recipe for tomato sauce three ways on this episode of Best Bites!
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh or dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove stems and wash tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil and all seasoning except oregano.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until skins are wrinkly.
- Let cool and then blend in food processor until creamy.
- Run sauce through food mill.
- Add oregano and taste. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Use it immediately, refrigerate for up to a week or freeze it for later use.
For Sweet: Add 1/3 cup of heavy cream
For Spicy: Add 1/4 cup chopped hot chilies
Try these Instant Pot recipes this week:
Instant Pot recipes
BACK TO SLIDE